Yoga is considered a good home remedy for back pain. Back pain has become an unwanted part of today’s busy life. The lower back or waist is an area that often becomes sensitive for most of us at some point in our lives. About 40% of the total population suffers from back pain, it is said that 7 out of every 10 people have lower back pain or discomfort. It is a common disorder that involves the back muscles, nerves, and bones. Waist pain can occur from sitting at your office desk for the whole day or 9-5 am, or due to tension in the hip muscles by sitting in a bad posture. So, see below the poses of yoga for back pain.
Yoga For Back Pain:
It is always important to find out what is causing the back pain so that you can prevent it from happening again, but yoga can relieve stiffness in most situations and it gives great relief to your lower back. Let us know some yoga asanas which help in relieving your back pain.
Yoga can provide great relief in back pain. We are going to tell below some yoga which you can do even before sleeping which will help in lower back pain.
(Also Read: Yoga To Reduce Breathing Problems)
Child Pose puts pressure on your lower back by lengthening and aligning the spine, which reduces back pain and gives you a good stretch. In Balasana you may feel like you are resting, but this gives an active vibe. This is a good yoga posture to do before bed at the end of a long and tiring day.
Steps To Do Balasana Or Child’s Pose:
- To do this yoga asana to relieve back pain, first of all, sit on a yoga mat in Vajrasana or kneeling.
- Place your hips on your ankles, breathe inward, and keep both your hands straight up, keep your palm open and fingers straight.
- While exhaling, slowly bend the upper part of the body on the floor and keep your forehead (head) on the ground.
- In this, both your hands will also be directly on the floor.
- Do this asana for at least 1 to 3 minutes.
Yoga For Back Pain Marjariasana Or Cat Pose:
Marjarasan also helps relieve any type of tension in the lower back. This asana allows our body for a good movement and extension of the spine, as well as promotes mobility. Cat-cow poses loosen your back muscles and relieve back pain.
Steps To Do Marjariasana Or Cat Pose:
- To do this asana for the treatment of back pain, keep your hands on the ground on a yoga mat and keep both your hands on the ground.
- Keep your torso parallel to the floor.
- Now take your breath inward and raise your head backward and your chin up.
- After this, while exhaling, lower your head and try to apply your chin to the chest.
- While exhaling again, straighten your head.
- Do this asana for at least 1 to 3 minutes.
(Also Read: Yoga To Lose Weight After C Section Delivery)
Yoga For Back Pain Salamba Bhujangasana Or Sphinx Pose:
The Sphinx pose makes a good natural curve of the lower back. This slightly boosts your abs, which is helpful in supporting lower backs. Sphinx pose is a great pose to tone the spine.
Steps To Do Salamba Bhujangasana Or Sphinx Pose:
- To do this asana, lie down on the abdomen by laying a yoga mat.
- Place the lower hand slightly ahead of the shoulders on the ground and lift only your torso above the floor.
- Slowly turn your head backward and try to chin upwards.
- Keep in mind that the body below your hips should remain on the ground.
- Do this asana for one to three minutes.
The Adho Mukha Svanasana Or Downward-facing Dog Pose is an excellent posture for curing back pain. In this posture, your spine is completely straight. This excellent yoga pose stretches the entire body which targets back pain.
Steps To Do Adho Mukha Svanasana Or Downward-facing Dog Pose:
- To do this asana, first of all, spread a yoga mat and stand upright on it.
- Keep a slight gap between your two legs.
- Now bend forward and place both your hands on the ground.
- Keep both feet away from the hands so that your hands and spine come in a straight line.
- There will be a 90 degree angle between your leg and chest.
- Perform the reverse dog posture for two to three minutes.
(Also Read: Best Yoga To Reduce Cholesterol And Improve Health )
Uttanasana creates hamstrings, calves, and hips, which relieve back pain. The stretching done by this asana also extends back and lengthens the spine. This asana strengthens the thighs and knees, along with reducing fatigue and anxiety.
Steps To Do Uttanasana Or Standing Forward Bend:
- To do Uttanasana, first of all, stand upright on a yoga mat.
- Keep both your feet close together and straighten both your hands above.
- Now slowly bend down from the front to the waist and try to touch the toes with both your hands.
- In this asana, you stay for 60 to 90 seconds then come out of the asana.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana asana is the panacea for back pain. This asana is a very beneficial yoga asana for back pain. By practicing it regularly, the problem of back pain ends.
Steps To Do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Or Bride Pose:
- To do the Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, spread a yoga mat, and lie down on it.
- Now bend your legs from here at the knees and lift your hips up, folding your two hands under your back.
- While living in this position, breathe 20 times and come out of the situation, if you do this action 3 times, you will benefit from back pain.
(Also Read: Best And Easy Poses Of Yoga To Increase Stamina)
If you have back pain, you can get rid of it by yoga. These yoga asanas are such in yoga that gives relief from back pain, Their daily practice will eliminate back pain and you will feel very relaxed.