Nowadays many people are troubled by the pain of spondylitis. Among them, the number of people who have to work on the computer for hours is the highest. Poor routines of people are also largely responsible for spondylitis. But the cure for this problem exists in yoga. If some asanas are done by the rule, then the problem of spondylitis can be relieved. So let’s learn about those poses of yoga for spondylitis.
What Is Cervical Spondylosis?
The neckband can often be seen on the neck. This is a remedy done by doctors to avoid pain in the neck. The treatment of neck pain is being told by the members in yoga, whose use and practice helps in relieving neck discomfort.
(Also Read: Yoga To Improve Immune System And Healthy Life)
How Does Yoga Help To Cure Spondylosis?
Yoga therapy is helpful in managing neck pain. If the diagnosis of neck pain is made in the initial stage, then the deformity of the neck muscles, muscles, etc. can be corrected by yoga. By which the neck can be kept as flexible and fit as before.
Best Yoga For Spondylitis:
It is probably not wrong to say that a large number of people struggle with the problem of cervical spondylitis. People who have to work long hours sitting in the office have to deal with this problem a lot. Many people are facing this problem due to an unhealthy lifestyle and poor work culture. In such a situation, you can complete your solution to this problem with Yoga. Let’s know about some rugs of yoga, which can relieve you from the problem of cervical spondylitis.
(Also Read: 11 Top Poses Of Yoga To Increase Height After 25)
1. Supta Vajrasana: yoga for spondylitis
Supta means slept. In this, you do this yoga practice by sitting back in Vajrasana, due to which is called Supta Vajrasana. If this posture is done properly, it has many benefits. It is very beneficial for back pain, constipation, respiratory diseases, blood circulation, abdominal fat, menstruation, thin waist, etc.
Method Of Performing Supta Vajrasana: yoga for spondylitis
- To do this asana, first, you sit down in Vajrasana.
- Now slowly lean backward.
- While leaning, lie down, but keep your feet bent.
- Now raise your back from the ground and bend your neck to the ground.
- Now maintain this state according to your ability.
- Do this asana for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Breathe in slowly. Just exhale while bending backward.
- By doing this asana, the spine becomes strong.
- Also, doing this asana provides a lot of benefits to the stomach.
- Do this asana slowly and comfortably.
Like a fish, this asana helps us strengthen and provide flexibility to the bones of the spine. Apart from this, doing this asana regularly relieves the problem of cervical spondylitis. Matsyasana relieves the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
Method Of Performing Matsyasana:
- Lie down and join the ankles and toes.
- Now, by turning the neck backward, apply the head from the ground, and raising the spine slightly, stop at this stage as much as possible.
- Keep the palms near the waist, towards the ground.
- Regularly performing this asana protects against cervical as well as thyroid.
(Also Read: 7 Effective Yoga For Sciatica Pain)
3. Gomukhasana: yoga for spondylitis
Performing Gomukhasana provides many benefits. After sitting in the Gomukhasana, the shape of the knees becomes like the face of the cow and the feet coming out of the armpits look like the ears of the cow, hence this posture is called Gomukhasana. Women, men, youth, elderly can all benefit from its regular practice. Especially, this asana is very beneficial for people suffering from pain, knee pain, sciatica, and joint pain.
Method Of Performing Gomukhasana:
- To do this, first of all, sit by laying mats on the ground.
- Now raise the left hand and bend it from the elbow and back down from the shoulder.
- After this, raise the right arm and bend it from the elbow to the back from above the shoulder.
- Keep the back of the back with the fingers of both hands in such a way that the two can be caught.
- After this, try to tilt the head backward.
- To complete the cycle in this way change the position of the feet and hands and complete one cycle.
(Also Read: 10 Effective Yoga For Premature Ejaculation)
4. Makarasana: yoga for spondylitis
Makara means crocodile. These asanas, done like a crocodile, are helpful in reducing spondylitis, back, and shoulder pain as well as stress.
Method Of Doing Makarasana:
- To do this posture, first lie down on the stomach.
- Now place your elbows on the ground and place your hands on the cheeks.
- Simultaneously, try to lift the head and shoulders upwards.
- During this, keep in mind that the distance between your legs should be reasonable.
- Now leave your body completely loose. Keep breathing while concentrating.
- After a while, open your eyes and return to normal posture.
- Repeat this asana in this way.
5. Balasana: yoga for spondylitis
Balasana is a very simple posture. Any person can do this posture very easily. The practice of Balasana brings vitality and freshness to your entire body.
Method Of Performing Balasana:
- To perform balasana, first sit in the position of sitting on a yoga mat and then sit with the hips at the ankles.
- Now tilt your body forward and touch the ground with your forehead.
- Place your hands on the ground with the palms facing the sky.
- Now put pressure on the upper part of your body and press the thighs from the chest.
- Wait a little while in this state.
(Also Read: Top 9 Effective Yoga To Increase Oxygen Level In Blood)
6. Bhujangasana: yoga for spondylitis
This asana is done like a snake shape. It is also called Cobra posture in English. Regularly doing this asana removes stiffness in the limbs of hands, shoulders, back, elbows, etc. It is an excellent asana for cervical spondylitis.
Method Of Performing Bhujangasana:
- Lie on your stomach.
- While breathing, raise the upper part of the waist forward.
- Let the feet meet together.
- Fold the neck backward and keep it in this state for a few moments.
- Allow the breath to rest and stop for a while so that the pressure is on the lower part of the spine.
- Exhale slowly and return.
- Keep the neck behind and slowly allow the chest and later the head to be attached to the ground.
- Performing this asana continuously can relieve back pain.
- If you have too many cervical problems, seek the advice of a specialist before performing any asana.
7. Dhanurasana: yoga for spondylitis
Dhanurasana is very good at keeping the bones of the spine strong and flexible. Along with this, this asana regularly removes stiffness of the neck, chest, and shoulders.
Method Of Performing Dhanurasana:
- First of all, lie down on the ground on the stomach.
- Catch the legs with your hands back.
- Raise chest and legs while breathing.
- This brings you to the pose of the archer.
- Try to stretch your ankles as much as possible.
- While exhaling, return to normal and then after stopping for a few moments, repeat the process.
(Also Read: 7 Top And Effective Yoga For Slip Disc)
Due to spondylitis, a situation like physical weakness and heaviness arises. This causes problems in moving the body and even till you get up and sit, especially at the time of waking up in the morning. These are some asanas under yoga for spondylitis, which can be conquered to some extent by regular use.
Leave a Comment