When you were first diagnosed with high cholesterol, your doctor may have talked to you about Yoga. In addition to improving your diet, Yoga is one of the most effective lifestyle changes you can make to help bring your high cholesterol down naturally. High cholesterol has long been considered a risk factor for heart disease. Regular Yoga can reduce cholesterol. Stopping smoking and starting exercise in conjunction with a healthy diet can reduce your increased cholesterol to a great extent and can help you avoid taking medication to control this problem.
(Also Read: Adho Mukha Svanasana Or Downward Facing Dog Steps And Benefits)
Cholesterol is required for the formation of cell membranes and membrane fluids. It is also known to play an important role in the synthesis of vitamin D and hormones such as progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone. It is good for the body but excess cholesterol can be harmful. Too much cholesterol in the bloodstream can cause blockage of the arteries and eventually cardiac problems.
Best Yoga For Cholesterol:
Cholesterol can be reduced in our blood easily by yoga. To reduce your cholesterol, do the following yoga:
Shoulder stand or Sarvangasana yoga can help control your cholesterol levels. The shoulder stand stimulates the abdominal organs and improves digestion. This asana enhances the endocrine system. To do this asana,
- First of all, lie down on a yoga mat on your back. Keep both your hands straight.
- Now turn both your legs from here at the waist and make them up.
- After this, raise your back with both hands supporting the back. Raise your legs up to the maximum height. In this case, your reed bone and your feet should be in a straight line.
- The entire weight of your body will be on the shoulders and both hands will help to keep the back straight. In this posture, you have to stop for at least 30 seconds, then after that, you have to come down to your initial state while lowering your legs.
Paschimottanasana Yoga is very helpful in reducing cholesterol. This asana stimulates the liver and kidneys, in addition, it reduces obesity and gets rid of excess fat from the stomach area. To perform Paschimottanasana,
- sit in Dandasana by placing both the legs of the yoga mat upright in front of you in a clean place.
- Raise both your hands straight up. Now slowly bend forward and grab the toes with both your hands. Put your head on your knees.
- Do this asana for 20 to 60 seconds.
(Also Read: Best And Easy Poses Of Yoga To Increase Stamina)
To control cholesterol in your body and to maintain its balance, you should do Kapalbhati Pranayam regularly. This pranayama increases the metabolic rate and reduces weight. It also stimulates the stomach organs and improves digestion. To perform Kapalabhati Pranayama,
- First of all, spread a yoga mat on the ground and sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana. Put both your hands on your knees and sit in meditation posture.
- Breathe inwardly.
- Now while exhaling, pull the stomach inward in such a way that the stomach and back are joined together.
- Then take the breath in and loosen the stomach. Repeat this action again. Repeat Kapalbhati Pranayama continuously for five minutes.
Ardhamatsyandrasana yoga helps to keep the cholesterol level in our blood normal. This yoga asana massages the abdominal organs stimulates the liver and helps to overcome indigestion. To do this asana,
- First of all, spread a yoga mat and sit on it in Dandasana.
- Keep your right foot outward towards the knee of the left leg. Keep the spine straight, rotate your neck, shoulder, and waist right.
- Remain in this posture for a few seconds and then do the whole process with the other leg.
(Also Read: Surprising Benefits Of Hot Yoga You Never Knew)
Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is a breath control yoga which is beneficial in lowering cholesterol. This pranayama helps to open or clean the block pulse or energy channel, removes stress and tension, and increases the rate of metabolism as well as controls cholesterol levels. To do this pranayama,
- First of all, spread a yoga mat on the ground and sit in Sukhasana, Siddhasana, Padmasana, or Vajrasana.
- Now raise your right hand up and close the right nostril with the thumb and take a long breath through the left nostril.
- Now close the left nostril with the ring finger of your right hand and exhale through the right nostril.
In this case, your left hand will remain on the knee.
The regular practice of Shalabhasana yoga is beneficial in lowering cholesterol. Shalabhasana yoga stretches the stomach and stimulates the abdominal organs. This asana also helps to relieve constipation. To do this asana,
- you place a yoga mat in one place and lie on it on your stomach.
- Keep both hands and feet straight on the floor. Now raise your torso and both legs upwards.
- Together raise both hands.
- You try to stay in this posture for at least 20 seconds.
The cholesterol in our blood can be reduced easily by Chakrasana Yoga. Wheel pose or Chakrasana yoga massages the abdominal organs and helps reduce constipation. It also improves liver functioning and helps in getting rid of excess fat and cholesterol from our body. To do this easy yoga,
- First, lie down on a yoga mat.
- After this, keep both your hands on the ground near the back of the head and keep both feet on the floor by bending your knees.
- Now, while putting weight on hands and feet, raise your back and waist up to the maximum height.
Leave a Comment