Depression is becoming a part of many people’s lives today. People go into depression due to small reasons. Yoga can help you avoid depression. Today we will tell you about yoga for depression.
Yoga and meditation can save you from this problem. In this article today, we will give you detailed information about Yoga for depression and anxiety. You can easily avoid depression by doing yoga easy given here.
(Also Read: What Is The Purpose Of International Yoga Day?)
How Does Yoga Help With Depression?
Yoga effectively reduces depression. Even in the most deeply depressed condition, yogic therapy is effective, but in such a situation, yoga should be practiced under the direction of a qualified yoga practitioner, even if he has to stay in an ashram for some time. To treat depression, attention is given to those practices of yoga that create physical and vital energy levels.
If you want to completely cure depression with moderate to moderate yoga, then it is generally advised to discontinue anti-depressant medicines and the victim is asked to adopt Karma Yoga. But if you are taking anti-depressant medicines, you must consult your doctor first before stopping them.
Anyone suffering from depression can recognize the truth of this statement. Often deep introversion and frailty are signs of depression, with hallucinations of extreme fatigue, lifelessness, and apathy.
In fact, it is a state of tamas, where simple tasks become challenging for a normally competent human being. Therefore, the yogic approach does not look at the causes of depression, but rather the energetic state of the individual. Yoga has 5 aspects of treating depression.
These are explained below, but be careful not to stop your medical treatment, and specific modifications in individual cases may be necessary under the guidance of a skilled teacher.
(Also Read: Best And Easy Poses Of Yoga To Increase Stamina)
Best Yoga For Depression:
After depression, many differences start to appear in the person. Feelings like irritability, anger etc. start coming in it. He starts distancing himself from people and hesitates to talk to people. One feels an atmosphere of despair and unrest all the time. Let us know in detail the role of yoga in the control of depression. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Balasana yoga asana is very simple yoga, the person doing it looks like a small child. Balasan helps calm your brain and relieve stress and anxiety. While doing this yoga you work opposite to the force of gravity which helps in providing mental and emotional relief. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Balasana Or Child Pose:
- To do Balasan yoga, you should sit on a yoga mat, spread it in Vajrasana or kneel.
- Now slowly tilt your head and keep the head on the ground.
- Keep both your hands on the floor with the front facing straight.
- In this posture, try to stay for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
Cobra pose yoga helps to relieve depression by reducing stress. By doing Bhujangasana yoga, blood flows in the body in the right way. Due to which the mind is also fine and it gets very less irritability or anger. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose:
- To perform a cobra pose, you lay a yoga mat and lie on it, with your pet facing upwards.
- Keep both your hands on the ground.
- Now while putting weight on both your hands, slowly turn your head backwards and try to make the chin upwards.
- Keep in mind that the body below your waist should not rise above the ground.
- You try to stay in this posture for 20 to 30 seconds.
(Also Read: Best And Effective Facial Yoga For Slim Face)
3. Sukhasana Or Easy Pose Yoga For Depression:
Easy pose is also known as Sukhasana Yoga. The benefits of Sukhasana Yoga help you relax physically and mentally. If you suffer from mental fatigue and stress, then Sukhasana is a good remedy. Because it not only calms your mind but also helps to overcome stress. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Sukhasana Or Easy Pose:
- To perform Sukhasana Yoga, you sit with a yoga mat spread on the ground, bend your legs from here, one leg is outside and the other leg is inside.
- Keep your spine straight and keep both hands straight on your knees, meditate with your eyes closed.
- In this posture you can live according to your wish.
By practicing Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Yoga daily and properly, depression, stress and anxiety are eliminated and the person’s brain remains calm. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is considered a very popular asana to keep the mind calm. This asana is also very helpful in alleviating the problem of migraine.
Steps To Do Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Or Bridge Pose:
- To perform Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, you lie down on the back of a yoga mat, i.e. straight.
- After that, bend your legs from here on knees and lift your hips above the floor while putting weight on both feet.
- Bring both your hands under the back and join the two of them together with the finger stuck in the finger.
- While in this position, breathe 20 times and release the posture.
(Also Read: Easy And Best Yoga For Back Pain)
By regularly performing Halasana Yoga daily, the person does not have problems related to the nervous system and due to this the person also reduces the problem of stress and fatigue. This asana also provides relief from menopause symptoms in women. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Halasana Or Plough Pose:
- To do Halasana yoga in depression, first of all lie down on your back.
- Raise your feet above the floor and bend at a 180-degree angle with your feet above the head until your toes touch the floor.
- Your back should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Initially you will have difficulty in being in this posture but after a little effort you can do it easily.
- Take care that you do not pressurize your neck nor push it towards the ground.
(Also Read: Yoga To Reduce Breathing Problems)
By doing Adho Mukha Svansana Yoga, the mind remains calm and gets rid of all kinds of anxiety. By doing this yoga, there is a stretch in the neck and cervical spine, due to which anxiety is relieved from the brain and relief from depression. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Adho Mukha Svanasana Or Downward-facing Dog Pose:
- To do the Adho Mukha Svansana Yoga, first of all, stand up straight on the ground and then keep both hands on the ground with both hands forward.
- During this time your knees and spine should be straight.
- Exhale and bend your knees in the shape of a slight bow and lift the ankles above the ground for a Adho Mukha Svansana posture.
- Now you are completely in a drooping dog posture.
Uttanasana is good yoga to reduce your mental stress and avoid depression, although all yoga helps in reducing your stress, it eliminates your body fatigue and reduces depression and gives peace of mind. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Uttanasana Or Standing Forward Bend:
- To do Uttanasana, first of all, stand upright on a yoga mat.
- Keep both your feet close together and straighten both your hands above.
- Now slowly bend down from the front to the waist and try to touch the toes with both your hands.
- In this asana you stay for 60 to 90 seconds then come out of the asana.
(Also Read: Yoga To Lose Weight After C Section Delivery)
Shavasana Yoga brings the body into a deep meditation posture that repairs tissues and cells and ejects stress from the brain. This is one of the yoga for depression.
Steps To Do Shavasana Or Corpse Pose:
- To do this yoga posture, you lay a yoga mat on the floor and lie on your back.
- Keep both your legs and hands straight.
- Now keep a distance of 1 to 1.5 feet between your two legs.
- Keep both your hands at 40 degrees from the body and keep the palms facing up.
- In Shavasana you can live according to your ability.
- Shavasanaa Mudra does not mean gold, but you have to keep your eyes closed.
Pranayama is very useful for controlling physical reactions resulting from depression. But it is important that you understand which pranayama should be used to address which mental state. Pulse resection pranayama can be done safely by anyone. It is capable of bringing you to a peaceful state.
Ujjayi Pranayama is considered to be the main peace-giving pranayama. The results of its practice begin to be felt only after a short period of practice. It can be practiced at any place, without attracting attention.
Bhastrika Pranayama and Kapalabhati Pranayama are able to quickly and desired energy levels. For people suffering from depression, this is the best way to make their routine full of energy.
In combination with bonding, these pranayamas are most effective in managing depression.
(Also Read: Best Yoga To Reduce Cholesterol And Improve Health)
According to the researchers, the study reinforces the fact that yoga can be an option to treat depression with drugs or to make treatment more effective by adopting yoga methods along with treatment with drugs. So, practice yoga and beat depression.